While majority of the world is still in the lockdown, there has never been a better time for some home baking! So why not to try something completely different from classic cupcakes, banana breads or sourdough loaves? I have recently invented this savoury Thai bakes recipe, packed with coconut and lemongrass 🥥 (plus very easy and fun to make)
you will need:
- 200g of pure creamed coconut
- 1 can (240g) of chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons of chickpea water (it's a good replacer for an egg white)
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1 cup of white flour
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large onion
- 3 teaspoons of lemongrass powder
- 3-4 teaspoons of dry herbs
- 2 teaspoons of chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons of pink sea salt
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1/4 cup organic hemp seeds
blend following ingredients - coconut, chickpeas, chickpea water, onion & garlic for good couple minutes.
add all the remaining ingredients and blend for good 2-3 minutes to make sure there are no lumps and dough is even and not too sticky. If you fancy making cakes spicier - add a bit more chilli.
form little balls and place on the non-stick baking tray (ideally '24 small cupcake' tray). Bake in the 200C oven for about 23-25 minutes, then carefully place them on the cookies rack to cool down.
I hope that you find this recipe as enjoyable as I did! Bake, stay in & stay safe 💙