This rich risotto is perfect for any dinner party! Not too complicated to make and bursting with flavours 🤤
I've added some asparagus and other secret ingredients to this Italian classic. So give it a go and let me know what you think!
Happy reading and even happier eating 🙌
You've probably noticed that my last recipe was quite a long time ago, but Feb is just a crazy month for me... birthdays, Valentine's, anniversaries 😍but I am back with this delicious risotto haha.
I was preparing this recipe for a dinner party, therefore below quantities will give you 6 large portions. Feel free to halve all the ingredients.
you will need:
before you start
Before you start with risotto you have to make mushroom stock (alternatively you can buy it, but it's super easy and tastes thousand times better!). Simply boil 750ml of water and add 500g of chopped mushrooms. Sprinkle some sea salt and boil for 10-12 minutes. Then leave it covered for an hour. Repeat 1-2 times. Take out mushrooms and use the stock for the recipe below.
1. chop onions, garlic and asparagus (leave few asparagus for decorating your dish). Fry them in hot olive oil for couple minutes.
2. reduce the heat and splash some red wine and soy sauce in - cook for further few minutes.
3. add 500g of chopped mushrooms in and fry for a bit, then pour soya cream, add crushed chillies, white pepper and mixed Italian herbs in and simmer for good 15 minutes on the lowest setting. Cover the pan and leave the sauce to rest.
4. meanwhile prepare basil sauce and asparagus for serving the dish. For the sauce - simply blend pine nuts, fresh basil and soya yogurt in a blender. Also pop few asparagus in the oven (I sprinkled them with crushed sea salt) - they make the dish look gorgeous.
5. add 500g of risotto rice and mushroom stock to the mushroom / asparagus sauce made earlier and bring to boil.
6. reduce the heat, cover with kitchen cloth and leave for 15 minutes.
ta-dam! that is it 😋 serve with oven roasted asparagus, basil sauce, vegan parmesan and a splash of truffle oil. I hope you are going to enjoy this as much as I did!